Ok, so it's time once again for the BlogLoveTherapy 10 day you challenge. This week it's all about 6 places I would like to visit, or have visited. This is not going to be easy because I am such a homebody...really...if I can't get there on the back of our motorcycle...then I'm not going. lol
1) ok, number 1 is actually a line of places...Chuck and I have often talked about traveling the old Route 66 across the country. We didn't get to do it this year, but there's always next year. Starting in Illinois, you then travel through Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, then ending in California. With all those great small town stops along the way. Yep, that's my idea of fun.
2) Florida...we have some children in Florida, plus nephews, and great nephews, and great grandchildren. We've been there several times, but next time we promised Hannah we would visit DisneyWorld.
3) The Outer Banks! I love the beach, but not the crowds, which is why the Outer Banks is the best place to go for some fun in the sun. We have been there several times, and in fact, Amanda and Brandon was married on the beach at Kill Devil Hills. It was beautiful.
4) Washington DC is the only big city I have ever been in that I liked. I've been to NYC, Houston, Baton Rouge, and have no desire to go back. I don't like large crowds of people and a lot of chaos, but I have always enjoyed our nations capital. I also enjoy American history, so this city is a great trip. Plus...my boys live in Virginia right outside the city. And any excuse to see them is good with me.
Well, you can't get to my last 2 places by motorcycle...but I would definitely take a trip to...
5) Australia....the outback to be exact. All the unusual animals and scenery would be cool to see. I enjoy camping, and camping in the outback would be totally awesome. The music, the food, the people, the accents...
And last but not least #6 - Petra in Jordon. The fabled city in the rocks. Petra has played an important part in the history of Christianity, and it will again in the future. I won't get into all that the scriptures has to say about the world today, and in the future, but this is the only place that would give me reason to travel overseas into countries where there is so much fighting. I've included a link to an awesome website with some amazing pictures of this place.
Well, that's my 6 places...so what do you think? Where would you like to travel? Leave me a comment (I love comments), and then visit BlogLoveTherapy to see others on the 10 day (week) YOU challenge.